Magento is an open-source eCommerce platform. It was first released in 2008 and has since become one of the most popular eCommerce platforms available. Magento 2 was released in November 2015, and offers a number of improvements over the original Magento platform. Magento 2 is a more powerful platform that can handle larger stores and more traffic. It offers a better shopping experience for customers, with features such as product comparisons and reviews, as well as faster page loading times. Magento 2 also offers enhanced security features to protect your store from cyberattacks. If you’re considering migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2, here are five reasons why you should do so:
1. Performance Improvements:
One of the biggest improvements offered by Magento 2 is its performance. Magento 1 is known for being slow and cumbersome, while Magento 2 is much faster and smoother. This makes for a better user experience for your customers, and can also lead to increased sales.
2. Improved Scalability:
Magento 1 is not particularly scalable, meaning that it can often struggle when dealing with large quantities of data or traffic. Magento 2 has been designed with scalability in mind, and can handle much larger volumes of data and traffic without any issues.
3. Better User Interface:
The user interface in Magento 2 has been completely overhauled and simplified, making it much easier to use. This will make it easier for your customers to find what they need and make purchases, which can lead to increased sales.
4. More New Features & Functionality :
Magento 2 comes with a range of new features that are not available in Magento 1. These include features such as multi-store support, product reviews, and advanced reporting tools. This means that you’ll be able to do more with your Magento eCommerce development using Magento 2 than you could with Magento. It comes with a host of new features and functionality that are not available in Magento product ratings and reviews, advanced search, category management, configurable product options, etc. These features allow you to create a more powerful and effective eCommerce store.
5. Better Security:
One of the biggest problems with Magento 1 is its poor security record. Magento 2 has been built from the ground up with security in mind, and includes a range of features that help to protect your store from attacks. This makes Magento 2 a much safer option for your eCommerce store than Magento 1
6. Increased Speed and Efficiency
Magento 2 is faster and more efficient than Magento 1. This means that your website will run faster and smoother, resulting in a better user experience for your customers.
7. Modernized Interface
The interface in Magento 2 has been completely redesigned and it is now more modern and user-friendly. This makes it easier for you to navigate your store and carry out tasks such as adding products, editing pages, etc.
Why Magento 2 is better than Magento 1?
There are a number of reasons why Magento 2 is better than Magento 1. Here are the top five:
1. Magento 2 is more user-friendly and intuitive than Magento 1. This makes it easier for store owners to manage their stores and makes it simpler for shoppers to find what they need.
2. Magento 2 is faster and more efficient than Magento 1. This means that stores run on Magento 2 will load more quickly and use less bandwidth.
3. Magento 2 is more scalable than Magento 1. This means that it can handle larger volumes of traffic and sales without slowing down or crashing.
4. Magento 2 offers more features and extensions than Magento 1. This allows store owners to create a more customized shopping experience for their customers.
5. Magento 2 is supported by a larger community of developers than Magento 1. This means that there are more resources available to help store owners with their development needs.
How long does it take to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
It can take quite a bit of time to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2. The process can be complicated and it’s important to make sure that everything is properly transitioned over.
Why is Magento2 best for eCommerce website development?
Magento is a powerful eCommerce platform that enables businesses to create and manage their online stores. However, as Magento 1 reaches the end of its life cycle, more and more businesses are migrating to Magento 2. Magento is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web. Here are the top 5 reasons to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2:
1. Performance: Magento 2 is significantly faster than Magento 1. This is due to a number of optimizations in the codebase, including the use of Varnish caching and a new compiler.
2. Scalability: Magento 2 is much more scalable than Magento 1. It can handle significantly more traffic and has been tested to scale up to millions of products.
3. Usability: Magento 2 is much more user-friendly than Magento 1. It has a revamped admin interface and a host of new features that make managing your store easier.
4. Flexibility: Magento 2 offers significantly more flexibility than Magento 1. You can now customize almost every aspect of your store, from the checkout process to the product page layout.
5. Security: Magento 2 is more secure than Magento 1. It has been built with security in mind, and includes a range of features that help protect your store from hackers and malware attacks
Process of migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2
Magento 1 and Magento 2 are two very different platforms. If you are looking to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. Magento 2 migration is not a trivial process. It requires careful planning and execution in order to ensure a smooth transition. There are several factors to consider when migrating, such as the following:
• Which version of Magento 2 to use?
• How will the data be migrated?
• What are the potential risks and challenges involved?
Fortunately, there are many resources available to help guide you through the process. Magento has created a comprehensive guide to migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2, and there are also many third-party resources available.
However, it is important to remember that no two migrations are identical, so it is always best to tailor the migration plan specifically for your own store. If you are not comfortable performing the migration yourself, it is recommended to hire a professional consultant who can help you navigate these waters.
The first thing you need to do is make sure that your store is ready for Magento 2. Magento 2 has a lot of new features and requires a different set-up than Magento 1. You also need to make sure that all of your extensions are compatible with Magento 2.
If you are not comfortable doing the migration yourself, you can hire a Magento 2 expert to help you with the process. Migration can be a difficult process, so it is important to have someone who knows what they are doing help you.
When migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2, it is important to keep in mind the following:
– Your store needs to be ready for Magento 2
– All of your extensions need to be compatible with Magento 2
– You may need to hire a Magento 2 expert to help you with the migration
Magento 2 New Features
Magento 2 comes with a host of new features, such as:
a) Multi-source inventory – this allows you to manage stock from multiple warehouses simultaneously
b) Customer Segmentation – this enables you to target specific customers with tailored marketing campaigns
c) Product Videos – you can now add videos to your product pages to showcase your products
d) Improved Checkout Process – the checkout process has been streamlined and is now faster and more user-friendly
e) Enhanced Marketing Tools – there are now more marketing tools available than ever before, making it easier to promote your store and products
f) New Theme Engine – the theme engine has been completely overhauled, giving you greater flexibility over how your store looks
Why Migration is required from Magento 1 to Magento 2Magento 1 is soon reaching its end of life and will no longer be supported by the developers. This means that any security updates or bug fixes released for Magento 1 will not be available to store owners, leaving their websites vulnerable to attack. Magento 2 offers a number of improvements over Magento 1, making it the best choice for eCommerce agency Melbourne development in the long run. If you are currently using Magento 1, now is the time to start planning your migration to ensure a smooth transition with as little disruption as possible. At Netable, we can help you through every step of this process. We also provide Magento integration with Salesforce From assessing your needs and developing a plan of action to executing the migration and ensuring that everything runs smoothly once your new website goes live. Contact us today to get started!